As promised, here is my version of the French Toast I got at brunch on Sunday from Busy Bee Cafe! I think for some reason people think French Toast is difficult to make, but its sooo easy and can be pretty healthy too!
Melissa’s French Toast
2 slices whole wheat bread
6 Tbsp (or 2 eggs worth) of Egg Substitute (could also use egg whites)
1-1.5 tsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Pour egg substitute into a shallow bowl, big enough to fit a piece of bread. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to the egg substitute and stir it all together well.
2. Soak both sides of each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Like so:
3. Heat a frying pan or skillet on medium-high heat and spray. Add both slices of bread to the pan. Cook until golden brown and then flip it over. Cook until the other side is golden brown.
4. Remove both pieces of french toast from the pan and onto your plate. Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top, followed by a little bit of maple syrup.
5. Enjoy! I ate this with an apple on the side, but you could have turkey bacon, fruit salad, or any other healthy side with your french toast!
And tadah! You have delicious french toast. Also, I don’t know about you guys but I’m a big fan of B for D, so you could get crazy, switch it up, and have this for dinner.